Man swallows mobile phone
An Egyptian man waited six months after swallowing a mobile phone to seek help when he suffered from severe stomach pain.
The man went to Aswan University Hospital where a team of surgeons successfully removed the device following a two-hour operation.
X-rays showed a strange object in the man’s belly that led to severe inflammation in his stomach and intestines.
The patient, who was not identified, was then immediately taken to the operation theatre to undergo surgery.
The patient, who is now in stable a condition, was told by doctors that the phone had posed a great threat to his life due to the battery containing harmful chemicals.
It is not known why the man had swallowed the mobile phone.
swallow = กลืน
mobile phone = โทรศัพท์มือถือ
stomach, belly = ท้อง
intestines = ลำไส้
operation theatre = ห้องผ่าตัด
surgeons = ศัลยแพทย์
surgery = การผ่าตัด
device = อุปกรณ์
severe = รุนแรง
inflammation = การอักเสบ
harmful = เป็นอันตราย